
Madeleine L"Engle 1918 - 2007
Miss M had a tremendous impact on me. I have most of her writings and am always searching for more. I remember reading A Wrinkle in Time when I was younger and being fascinated yet overwhelmed by the intricacy of the story. One of my favorite books by Miss M is Troubling a Star . This the closest I have gotten to traveling to Antactica so far.
Miss M's faith was also something I admired. She wove themes of God and his amazing power throughout her books and poetry. We even quoted her at our wedding.
To close, here is poem she wrote that is perfect for today:
Lines After M. B.'s Funeral
There's a hole in the world.
I'm afraid I may fall through.
Someone has died
Was
Has gone
Is where?
Will be
Is
How?
This is neither the first
Nor the only time that space has opened.
We are riddled with death
Like sieve.
The dark holes are as multitudinous
As teh starts in the galaxies,
As open to the cold blasts of wind.
If we fell through
What would we find?
Show me
Let me look through this new empty space
To where
The wind cmoes from
And the light begins.
~Madeleine L'Engle, Lines Scribbled on an Envelope
Blessings to you...
Friday, September 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our chicks...
visited 41 states (82%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project
visited 19 states (8.44%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project














No comments:
Post a Comment