Wednesday, February 27, 2008




Today was our semi-annual eye appt for TA and EQ. We go to Children's National Medical Center for the eye clinic with Dr. Brian Brooks - a genetic opthalmologist. Highlights include:
-metro rides (5 trains total - we try to sit behind the driver)
- 3 adults needed to hold down each child to get dilation drops in their eyes. Think wailing, kicking, screaming, hitting, gnashing of teeth. fun.
- snacks - despite the signs that said no food or drinks. It helped keep them happy(er)
-both need stronger glasses. TA's eyes are 2/100 & 4/100 and EQ's are 4/100 & 7/100. Basically - what we see at 100 feet, they see at the lower number. And we have to purchase new glasses. again.
- EQ's vision is better than TA's.
- EQ even has some pigment in her eye - a surprise to the doc and us. This is a good sign for her future vision.
- hospital food for lunch - at least it was kid friendly. (I hope so - it is a children's hospital)
- finally home again. We left the house at 8am for 1015/1030 appts. returned at 3:15pm. A long day!
- the lobby has 2 Mickey Mouse Statues...fun!


We don't have to repeat until July/August. Whew!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a day for the Motrin bottle for adults. glad there were some fun distractions along the way

Donna said...

I knew you were at Children's as soon as I saw the Mickey Mouse pictures. Cara has to visit the statues every time we go. Her appointments are "clinics" that start at 11 and run until about 4. We see the ENT, audiologist, dentist, plastic surgeon, speech therapist, and psychologist all in that time frame. Thanks for the reminder that I need to make an appointment for her. Your Hangzhou guy is more handsome than ever, and your sweet little one keeps getting more beautiful.

Trixie said...

Omy! You were brave to handle that all on your own. Love the mouse photos and the one from the last post wher EQ is clutching you and crying. I loved it not because she is afraid but because SHE IS CLUTCHING YOU. It makes my heart go all fluttery to know that your children have parents now who can be there when they are scared. It's good to have a Mama. It's good to be one too!

Christine said...

Mrs. Chris! I'm so very, very, VERY glad to see you blogging! What an exquisitely LOVELY blog! I'm going to have to figure out this RSS feed gibberish and sign up for an RSS feed of your blog so that I'm up to date on you on time instead of two weeks late!

Flamingo Hugs and Jelly Belly Beans to you, Chickie-poo! Happy Wednesday!

Miss Chris

Our chicks...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
visited 41 states (82%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project
visited 19 states (8.44%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project