Two recent conversations with TA (4y 8 months):
TA: Is Jesus God?
Me: Yes.
TA: Is the Holy Spirit God?
Me: Yes.
TA: Are they all God and theirselves?
Me: Yes.
TA: So God is 3 people and 1 person?
Me: Yes.
TA: Are they in heaven and in our hearts?
Me: Yes they are.
TA: Oh. OK.
________________________________________________
(I was driving during this conversation)
TA: Mommy, did you know that babies grow in the Mommy's bellies?
Me: Where did you hear that?
TA: Daddy whispered it to me.
Me: No. Where did you really hear it?
TA: One of my teachers has a baby growing in her belly. I grew in your belly, right Mommy?
Me: No. You are from China.
TA: Oh. So I grew in your belly, went to China, and then you and daddy came to get me.
Me: Well, not exactly. You grew in a different Mommy's belly in China, but she knew she couldn't take care of you so she made sure you had a Mommy who could.
TA: I didn't grow in Daddy's belly?
Me: No. Only Mommys have babies grow in their bellies. Daddys can't.
TA: Why?
Me: That's the way God made us.
TA: Does EQ have a baby in her belly?
Me: No. She's too little. Only big people can have babies in their bellies.
TA: What if I want a baby in my belly one day?
Me: (Trying not to laugh) Sorry sweetie. You can't. That's the way God made us.
TA: OK. But I can still be a Daddy when I grow up!
Me: Absolutely.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
A tag is a tag, no matter how small:
From the mouths of babes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our chicks...
visited 41 states (82%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project
visited 19 states (8.44%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project














1 comment:
Jack's still half-convinced he grew in my sister's tummy.
Post a Comment