Monday, March 31, 2008

Three years ago this week we were in China to adopt TA. I am going to repost our emails from that time...and photos as able.


TA as an infant, from an acquaintance

Referral Photo

Chowing, photo sent while waiting.

March 30, 2005 from Colorado Springs, CO
"OK - so the first plane is a little CRJ, but the next one is a 747
with first class upstairs. We are trying to figure out if/how to get
upgraded. Or maybe they will let me peek in the upstairs. A two
story plane sounds so cool.

We are packed, S. is sleeping, I am gathering all the last minute
stuff like paperwork, cameras, etc. I told S. I would be up for a
nap later. :-) I'll sleep on the plane!

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I will write again when we are
in Beijing.

love,
C.

ps - right now China is 15 hours ahead of mountain time (13 hours
ahead of eastern time)


Our Hotel in Beijing

The view from our window.

March 31, 2005 from Beijing, PRC
We made it. It is currently 8:18 pm local time and 5:18am according
to my body. I managed to sleep from CS to SF, but not from SF to
Beijing...the 12 hour portion. The plane ride was uneventful. We
had plenty of leg room (economy plus!) and they fed us 3 times. We
watched 3 movies and I wandered the plane while S. finished a
book (Harry Potter #4) and slept.

We were met at the airport by a guy holding a sign with S.'s name
on it. Richard works with our travel agency [JC travel]. He took us to the
hotel and made sure everything was ok. The beds are between a twin
and a full. I think we won't be sharing - at least not tonight.
Especially since S. fell across one and is sound asleep. I am
still wired.

Richard pointed out an apartment complex (series of high rises) and
said that 700,000 people live in it. An amazing number of people.
Blows my mind to think of it.

I better go and try to get some sleep so I can be coherent for our
tours tomorrow. It is supposed to rain - pray that it doesn't.

send the sandman...
c.

No comments:

Our chicks...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
visited 41 states (82%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project
visited 19 states (8.44%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project