Friday, July 11 - Vegas Day 3
Today was the first day of sessions. A very busy day - especially after taking nyquil and being jet lagged!!! I attended a session on the Genetics of Albinism. It was pretty basic genetics, but still informative. Confirmed something I thought - both parents have to be carriers for the same type of albinism to pass it along. S. went to a session on IDEIA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act). He said it was very informative but we haven't had much time to discuss them.
The kids went to their sessions as well and Grandma B was able to sit in on some sessions. We all went to the Albinism Research panel discussion. This was very interesting, but so much information. My brain was full!!!! I do know that some docs near DC are thinking of doing a research project beginning this fall. I hope the kids can participate. After lunch we went to a panel discussion called 'Ask the Doctors'. The most annoying thing were people who came in late and asked questions that had already been answered. If you want to research some Genetic Testing options, click here.
While the kids were with Grandma B., we attended The Visual System in Albinism and Space Camp. Apparently S is taking TA in 2 years - there is a week designed just for visually impaired children! The visual system was very interesting but hard to attend to since there were so many kids in there. I have a better understanding of their vision. But still need more input.
That night S and I went to see Cirque du Solei's LOVE It was AMAZING!!!! I recommend you go see it! The kids went to the AdventureDome at Circus Circus across the street from our hotel.
t-shirts made at the DC NOAH gathering... 'DC NOAH'
'Vegas, Baby!'
the Grand Canal at the Venetian. Gondola rides were $16 per person - we passed.
More of the canal. We did eat dinner here at Wolfgang Puck's Postrio. Excellent food! Great Sangria! Yum.
harrah's casino
everything is lit up at night
one of the ushers at LOVE
wonder what it costs to rent??? sure would be fun to drive!!!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our chicks...
visited 41 states (82%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project
visited 19 states (8.44%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project














No comments:
Post a Comment