Sunday, August 10, 2008

Can someone explain? Scott was baptized (sprinkled) as an infant in a Lutheran Church. I was baptized (dunked) around 12 yo. The church we are currently attending has a stipulation for membership of "believer's baptism". In other words - no infant baptisms.

I have searched and searched in the bible and NO WHERE does it say how and at what age do you have to be baptized. When early Christian's were baptized, their entire family was also baptized - including servants and infants.

We attend this church regularly. Tithe to it. Are involved - I helped with VBS this past summer. But we aren't members. If Scott can't join, then I can't as his wife - our decision. So - now I can't help with the kids like I did last year. I am frustrated and feel like a second class citizen.

I would understand if it was biblical...And if it is, can someone show me where??

2 comments:

Christine said...

It's not Biblical, Chris. I'm sorry you're going through this! I will pray for you and Scott. Peace of Christ to you.

Anonymous said...

Chris...I'm thinking that if Scott was Confirmed (I am Lutheran, and confirmations full nameis called Affirmation of Baptism) maybe that would meet this interesting requirement.

Our chicks...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
visited 41 states (82%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project
visited 19 states (8.44%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project